1 Gerneral Choice Transfers 4
a Click here to view open spots Frequently Asked Questions Test Logging In for Current SCS Student's 5
PLEASE NOTE: SCS will be conducting a district-wide rezoning process this spring. A second Choice Transfer period will be announced after this process is completed.

What is a General Choice Transfer? The General Choice Transfer process allows parents to choose a school in the district with available space that best fits their child’s educational needs.

The General Choice Transfer process is NOT the same as the Optional Schools application process. Click here for information about Optional Schools.

Who Can Apply for a General Choice Transfer? The General Choice Transfer is open to all students in Shelby County and includes all schools with space that will be part of SCS in 2014-15.

How Do I Apply for a General Choice Transfer? The online application portal will be accessible from the Shelby County Schools website beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, February 18. Parents can log in with their child’s name, birth date, current grade and school and either a social security number or district PIN.

Transfer Priority? General Choice Transfer requests are considered based on the order that they are received, within priority categories. Priority considerations are outlined in the district’s School Admissions policy. Applications will be electronically stamped with a date and time as they are submitted online.

Students on an existing General Choice Transfer at a school that will be part of SCS in 2014-15 are approved through the exit grade of the current school and do NOT have to re-apply.

Contact SCS Student Services for more information, (901) 473-2560.

Important r
corner disclaimer corner
SCS Home PARCC Website