Shelby County Schools

                                           2008-2009 Registration

                                            Tuesday, August 5th

High School Registration

Students not present at registration on August 5th will be deleted from class rolls. Anyone with questions should contact their assigned high school. (PLEASE REFER TO ITEMS NEEDED AT REGISTRATION.)

Grade 12.... 2:00 p.m. Grade 11....3:00 p.m. Grade 10....4:00 p.m. Grade 9....6:00 p.m.

New students to Shelby County Schools who have not enrolled or selected classes may report

anytime between 2:00p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

Elementary and Middle School Registration

7:30 a.m. - 12:00 (morning) 4:00 p.m - 7:00 p.m. (afternoon)

*There will be no bus transportation provided for registration.

Self-Contained Special Education

Students in self-contained Special Education classes will register on August 11, 2008, the first

full day of school,and do not need to be present on August 5, 2008. Parents are encouraged to

contact the school and speak with the Special Education Secretary to confirm enrollment prior to

the first day of class.

                                    Items Needed at Registration

*Proof of Residence - At registration everyone needs to provide 2 of the following 5 items

showing the parent/guardian’s name and address to prove residence: Sale contract (contingency

agreements not accepted); Real Estate Tax Receipt; Mortgage Information; Current Memphis

Light Gas and Water bill or turn-on receipt or municipality water bill; Lease / Rental Contract

(Naval personnel living on the base only have to provide their housing letter.)

Immunization Records

Kindergarten through 12th grade students must have the Tennessee Child Health Record

showing all required immunizations. Kindergarten through 12th grades must have two (2) doses

of MMR. All Kindergarten and 7th grade students must have proof of Hepatitis B

immunization. All kindergarten students have to have proof of chickenpox immunization or

having had chickenpox. Kindergarten students entering a Tennessee public school for the first

time must have proof of a physical exam that is included on the Tennessee Child Health Record.

New Student Registration - Students who have previously enrolled in another school system in

Tennessee may enroll pending receipt of their academic and health records. Students

transferring into the system from out of state or from a non-public school must provide a

PERMANENT Tennessee Child Health Record or an up-to-date TEMPORARY Certificate that

includes a physical exam.

The following documents are required:

*1 .Proof of Residence - Same as above. Proof of residence is required of all students at

registration and may be required of any student during the school year.

2. Social Security Number - bring student’s Social Security Card. (T.C.A. 49-6-5102)

3. Tennessee Child Health Record - Tennessee Child Health Record or the Temporary

Certificate of Immunization-contact the school for additional information.

4. Kindergarten Students must be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2008, and the

following items must be provided:

    A . Certified copy of Birth Certificate.

    B . Proof of recent medical examination

    C . Tennessee Child Health Record or the Temporary Certificate of Immunization with

    proof of a physical exam..

    D . Social Security Number

Shelby County Schools (SCS) offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to

race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or disability. SCS adheres to the provisions of the

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

For more information, visit our web site at: