compiled by Missy Owen, Bolton High School
and John Traverse, Houston High School
June 19-30, 2000
Please Read This Disclaimer!
1. What Is a Research Paper?
2. How Do I Choose a Topic?
3. How Do I Write a Thesis Statement?
4. How Do I Construct a Persuasive Argument?
5. How Do I Take Good Notes?
6. How Do I Avoid Plagiarism?
7. How Do I Handle Quotes?
8. How Do I Handle Parenthetical Citations?
9. How Do I Do my Works Cited Page?
10. What is a Completed Research Paper Supposed to Look Like?
11. How Do I Locate Literary Resources on the Internet?
12.What if This Whole Thing Seems Stupid to Me?
Scope and Sequence for Teachers