Welcome to the Plagiarism Webquest Scavenger Hunt!
Hint: The information that you are seeking can be found at the following locations:
(Hit back on your browser to return to this page.)
Writing -- Plagiarism Advice for Lessons
Plagiarism: What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It
Cut-and-Paste Plagiarism: Preventing, Detecting and Tracking Online Plagiarism
Plagiary and the Art of Skillful Citation
Here are your questions:
1. What is plagiarism?
2. What is unacceptable paraphrasing?
3. What is acceptable paraphrasing?
4. What is common knowledge?
5. How do I detect plagiarism?
6. If a teacher or educator knows a work is "copied" by a student but does not know the exact source of the material what might the teacher do?
7. What, in your opinion, is the single best method of avoiding plagiarism?
8. When should the rules against plagiarizing be taught to students?
9. What do the words "plagiaire" and "plagium" mean?
10. What is "cryptomnesia"?
Return to Main Page.