2020 GRADUATION ACTIVITIES & CEREMONIES
We are extremely excited to announce a three-phase plan for honoring our Class of 2020 graduates spanning May through July! VIEW THE COMPLETE PLANS HERE. For planning purposes, we have provided tentative dates; however, please note that dates and details are subject to change based on city or state health and safety regulations. Students and parents will be receiving additional details from their schools in the weeks ahead regarding all planned graduation activities.
(Haga clic aquí para ver la información de graduación en español.)
- STUDENT FEES & REFUNDS: The District is making every effort to reimburse parents for any fees paid for programs and activities that were canceled due to COVID-19. Over the past month, we've worked diligently to contact numerous vendors at all 160+ schools that collected student fees. It's important to note that refund amounts are not controlled by the District; they will be based on vendor guidelines. The process for receiving refunds will begin the week of May 11, scheduled by grade level. Principals will be contacting families with specific details, including dates, times and instructions for students and families to safely visit campus. View FAQs here.
- STUDENT ITEM PICK-UP & DROP-OFF: Students will be able to pick up personal belongings from classrooms and lockers and return items that belong to the school, such as instruments, athletic uniforms or other supplies and equipment that may have been used during the year. This process will begin the week of May 11. Principals will be contacting families with specific details on this process.
- AP, DUAL ENROLLMENT & IB: Students enrolled in AP, Dual Enrollment and International Baccalaureate should be working with their teachers regarding assignments and requirements for quarter 4 grades and graduation.
- AP EXAMS: AP exams will take place May 11-22. Students can access important information about exam schedules, as well as resources to prepare, including practice tests, live lessons and more on the College Board's new website. For questions, contact your AP teacher or the Division of Advanced Academics at (901) 516-5338.
- FINAL GRADES & SUMMER CREDIT RECOVERY: Seniors who failed courses that are required for graduation or postsecondary enrollment will be able to earn up to four (4) credits in the District's online summer program June 8 - July 16. The District will provide devices for enrolled students who do not have a computer at home. Schools will be communicating directly with families whose children qualify for the summer online program the week of May 18. After being notified, seniors must be registered by May 27. Students will receive the final grade earned during the summer program and may graduate in July if all required credits are earned. Get more details here.
- TN PROMISE: Graduating students must complete the mandatory TN Promise webinar by May 15 to maintain eligibility. The community service deadline to be eligible for the fall semester is July 1. Get more details here.
- WE WANT TO SEE YOU CELEBRATE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Use the hashtag #SCSSeniorStrong to celebrate your accomplishments the rest of the school year! Post pics and videos on social media with messages for your classmates, special memories, plans for the future and anything else to express this awesome moment in your lives. Families, we also encourage you to use post messages congratulating your special senior. Don't forget to use the hashtag#SCSSeniorStrong.