Educator Emotional Support Video Series for All Tennessee Teachers
Free, Optional Resources Support Educator Mental Health in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The video series from the TDOE and statewide partners provides guidance, resources and interactive activities focusing on the mental health of educators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It builds off the state's Emotional Support Line for Pandemic Stress.
- Introduction to Stress Response: This video session introduces the series, recognizing educators experience significant pressure from many directions during a normal school year and this year has only added pressure.
- Benefits of Meditation and Mindfulness: This video session focuses on mindfulness, state of awareness, and how to shift attention to focus support.
- Grief and Loss: This video session begins with practicing a mindfulness skill from the previous video. Additionally, this video session shares the states of grief and associated feelings.
- Maintaining and Managing Healthy Connections: This video session focuses on the importance of connection and relationships, including a grounding and connectedness exercise.
- Self-Care: This videos session highlights self-care as a lifestyle and how to create and implement a self-care plan.
For more information on the Emotional Support Line for Pandemic Stress:
Call or text (888) 642-7886, or click here.
Kemmons Wilson Family Center for Good Grief - Milla's House
Located at Baptist Hospital in Collierville; for children, ages 6-17