Kate Bond Middle School Family Engagement Plan 2015-2016
At Kate Bond Middle we value relationships with our students, their families, and the community at large. We know that on-going, meaningful partnerships between all stakeholders work for the betterment of our students. On-going communication with parents and guardians supports our students to achieve academic success and experience personal growth.
Kate Bond Middle pledges the following in order to actively and meaningfully engage our families in the academic lives of their students:
- Each school year, families and the school will jointly develop and modify our Family Engagement Plan, the School-Parent Compact, and the School Improvement plan based on the academic and personal needs of our current student body.
- Uphold the School-Parent Compact that describes the responsibilities of the school and the family in order to help each student achieve academic success and personal growth.
- Communicate the academic status of our school, new programs, policy changes, Title I information, upcoming events, etc.
- Routinely communicate to families via School Messenger, our marquee, personal phone calls, conferences, routine progress reporting, our school website, and other means such as flyers, letters, calendar, bulletin boards, teacher notes, emails, etc.
- Communication will be timely and in a language that families can understand. KBMS will secure translation when necessary and will partner with community organizations to foster relationships with our families whose first language is not English.
- Invite parents and guardians to participate in regularly scheduled school based activities, events, and committees such as the School Improvement Plan, the PBIS Committee, the Site Based Council, PTSA, athletic events, and school programs.
- Host events, meetings, parent training, and committee work at times when it is most conducive for parents to attend (i.e. morning and evening times).
- Supply families with copies of the student handbook, this Family Engagement Plan, the Parent-School Compact, and the Parents’ Rights to Know documents at the annual Title I Meeting; copies will also be available on the KBMS school website.
- Seek out community partnerships that will enhance each child’s academic experience while attending Kate Bond Middle.