Por favor, utilice el botón "Translate our Website" que está localizado arriba a la derecha del sitio web para traducir esta página en su idioma de preferencia. Recuerden seleccionar su idioma de preferencia en Microsoft Teams para ver los subtítulos de cada sesión.
SCS is proud to announce the upcoming Virtual Family Forum: School Counseling & Student Safety (Online Safety, Bullying, etc), taking place Saturday, March 20, 2021, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
SCS Family Forums provide an opportunity for all parents to gather, learn and share important information to support student learning and success in school. Click the following links to join the live virtual sessions on Microsoft Teams.
For questions about the forum, please email [email protected].
Breakout Session 1: 10:25 am – 11:10 am
Bullying: What you don’t know can be detrimental! *Recorded Live Event
- This session is designed to give attendees the latest policy changes about bullying and their impact at the building level. Attendees will participate in several practical exercises to gauge their comprehension of the material. This session will also provide parents and stakeholders with the expected behaviors that administrators should utilize when addressing bullying, harassment, hazing, and intimidating situations in their buildings.
Leaving the Nest-Helping Your Multilingual Child Transition into Life
*Recorded Live Event
- In this session, students and parents will receive information about their options for post-secondary opportunities through the lens of being an English Learner. Elements of the application process, such as filling out the FAFSA, will be explained and how their status as an English Learner can be beneficial in their quest to further their education and career.
*MS Teams Meeting.
- This session will be led by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office of Support and will cover Internet Hazards and Scams.
Breakout Session 2: 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
School Counselors Create Safe Spaces for Students
*Recorded Live Event.
- This session will provide an overview of how school counselors help build awareness and provide guidance on how students can stay safe in school and their community.
Common Sense Safety
- In this session, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office of Support will cover how to avoid becoming a victim of crime.
Online Registration for students
*Recorded Live Event
- This session will discuss the general choice transfer process and expectations for early registration for the 2021-22 school year.
Survey for Families: http://bit.ly/marchsurvey21