September 2020 Family Forum
Por favor, utilice el botón "Translate our Website" que está localizado arriba a la derecha del sitio web para traducir esta página en su idioma de preferencia. Recuerden seleccionar su idioma de preferencia en Microsoft Teams para ver los subtítulos de cada sesión.
SCS is proud to announce the upcoming Virtual Family Forum: Academic and Virtual Support, taking place Saturday, September 26, 10 a.m. - noon.
SCS Family Forums provide an opportunity for all parents to gather, learn and share important information to support student learning and success in school.
Click the following links to join the live virtual sessions on Microsoft Teams. For questions about the forum, please email [email protected].
Breakout Session 1: 10:25 am – 11:10 am
- Using the Pre-Kindergarten Remote Learning Resource at Home (Division of Early Childhood)
- This session will show participants how to use the 1st Semester Pre-Kindergarten Remote Learning resources to support student learning at home.
- Supporting Your Students with Microsoft Teams (Professional Learning Educational Technology)
- This session will provide support with Microsoft Teams and provide parents with a knowledge of the student experience inside of Microsoft Teams.
- Spanish Bilingual Bridge Building: Registration & Enrollment 101 (S.E.E.D)
- This session will assist our Spanish speaking community with tools to navigate the Registration, Enrollment, & Transfer applications and systems proficiently.
- Support and Help for Those in Need(Shelby County Division of Community Services)
- This session will help parents and families learn how to access and apply for help with the Division of Community Services.
- At Home Learning Advice for Families (Curriculum Associates)
- This session will provide encouragement and tips for parents who are working with the students at home; and will help parents to not put so much pressure on themselves while learning from home.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Awareness Training
- This session will increase participants' understanding of how exposure to multiple and severe stressors can profoundly affect how children interpret their world. The more ACEs a child has been exposed, the greater the likelihood that he or she will experience developmental delays and health problems in the future. This session will increase the awareness of ACEs in children and looking at students through a trauma-sensitive lens which opens an opportunity to approach teaching and learning in new ways.
Breakout Session 2: 11:15 am – 12:00 pm
- El Proceso De Convertirse En Ciudadano (Spanish)
- This session will help families understand the general requirements for Naturalization and the path to Citizenship.
- Preparing Balanced Meals with Family Food Kits (SCS Coordinated School Health)
- This session will offer another opportunity for families to reconnect, while sharing a healthy meal (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) together. CSH aims to encourage parents/guardians to be intentional about making healthy food choices throughout the day.
- Student Devices (I.T.)
- This session will assist families with identifying proper device maintenance and care procedures.
- Support for SWD in a Virtual Environment
- Students with a disability will be served in a virtual setting. This session will provide parents with information on important topics of interest, such as virtual IEP meetings, schedule information, meeting IEP goals, parent/teacher communication, and paraprofessionals.
- Understanding the Digital Curriculum Resources for Students and Parents (Curriculum & Instruction Department)
- This session is designed to help students, parents and caregivers understand the digital curriculum resources which are currently being used to support virtual instruction. Participants will also understand the additional instructional resources that are available such as the At Home Learning Packets and Weekly Instructional Videos. During the session, participants will have the opportunity to see an overview of these resources, as well as how to access the resources.
- RTI2 in a Virtual World, Parent Edition
- This session will provide families an opportunity to take a short virtual trip through the world of Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI2). Parents will explore various components of RTI2 such as the platforms and computer programs utilized, the screening and assessment process, and parent communication.
Survey for Families: http://bit.ly/VFFSepSurvey