OFFICE OF PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
Lauren Prater – Director
Welcome to the Office of Professional Standards (OPS)! We support the District through the development and implementation of programs to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees, reduce workplace conflict, direct the professional development of team members, and assist in cultivating a friendly work environment for all Shelby County Schools employees.
We maintain partnerships with several labor associations to represent both our certified and non-certified team members. For information about our partners, visit our Labor Associations page.
For general information, see our FAQ’s here!
- Our primary functions include:
- Employee Discipline
- Internal Investigations
- Management Consultant & Training/Conflict Resolution
- Employee Engagement
- ADA Compliance
- Grievance & Complaint Administration
- Collaborative Conferencing (Labor Negotiations)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims/Appeals
- Employee Assistance Program Management (EAP)
- Liaison Between Management and Labor Associations
For additional information, follow this link HERE