Flexible Spending Accounts

A A+ A-


Shelby County Schools offers a flexible spending program administered by ConnectYourCare. A flexible spending account is a tax-advantaged account that allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses. You choose how much money you want to contribute to the flexible spending account at the beginning of each plan year, and you can access these funds throughout the year.  


Paying for qualified health or dependent care expenses is now easier and less expensive with a flexible spending account from ConnectYourCare.


SCS offers two types of flexible spending accounts: a healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) and a dependent care flexible spending account (DCAP).  For more information on how these plans work and expenses covered by these plans, please visit the links below.



After reviewing our website, if you have specific questions regarding flexible spending accounts, you may contact ConnectYourCare directly at 1-877-292-4040 or 1-833-799-1778.


You may also contact the Employee Benefits Office at (901) 416-5304 or email us at [email protected].  

2020-21 Shelby County Schools