Confidence and resilience in coping with life’s stresses and challenges.
MSCS FAMILY CARE CLINICS
The employee health clinic is free for all MSCS employees. MSCS Cigna-covered dependents are also eligible with a required co-pay.
130 Flicker St. | Memphis, TN | 38014 (map)
(Behind Central Office)
7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (school days)
8071 Winchester Rd, Ste. 2 |Memphis, TN |38125 (map)
Family Care Center Mental Health Supports for Employees:
Current Supports from Nurse Practitioners:
- Diagnose patient conditions and their causes. They interview patients about symptoms and complaints and determine whether a psychiatric disorder has a physiological or emotional basis.
- Collaborate with EAP and fast track patients for further treatments
- Operates M-F 7am-6pm district days and M-F 7am-5pm summer hours
- Provide immediate response to the mental health crises of MSCS employees and their dependents via on-call and appointment base.
- Provide behavioral health consultations to MSCS employees and their dependents via scheduled appointments on-site or virtually.
- Conduct psycho-educational presentations/workshops.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions on specific mental health concerns.
- Evaluate and treat common issues as related to behavioral/mental health concerns.
- Diagnose potential disorders.
- Discuss methods of treatment with patients.
- Monday - Friday 7:00am-3:30pm at Flicker
Make an Appointment:
Call 416-6079 to schedule your appointment. Be sure to bring your employee badge at the time of your visit.
METHODIST EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) for all MSCS employees: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all MSCS employees and their immediate family members. The program is intended to provide confidential assistance with personal problems that may have an impact on emotional, financial, psychological, or physical well-being.
We have all, at one time or another, experienced life challenges that impact us in different ways. Often, our default is to internalize these emotional stressors or try to find our own remedy, which may not always be the best solution. EAP offers a caring, helping hand through outside assistance and guidance so that you don’t have to weather your storms alone.
Methodist Healthcare Employee Assistance Program: visit us online at www.methodisteapcanhelp.org . For convenient, confidential help, call 901.683.5658
WORK-LIFE SERVICES: Methodist Healthcare EAP provides a comprehensive Work-Life Benefit at no cost to you. Whether you are looking to adopt a child or find care for an aging parent, our work-life specialists provide you with consultation, assessment and customized referrals for issues impacting you and your family members.
CIGNA TOTAL BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM: The CIGNA Total Behavioral Health program is a robust suite of programs that include both inpatient and outpatient care coordination, as well as care management programs focused on specific behavioral health conditions such as autism, eating disorders, substance use, and bipolar disorders. Two featured programs included with the Cigna Total Behavioral Health platform are iPrevail and Happify. iPrevail offers on demand peer coaching and personalized learning opportunities for those facing depression, substance abuse, and other challenges. Happify is an online, self-guided program that helps participants cope with life’s everyday challenges. Goals of the program includes helping participants overcome negative thoughts, cope better with stress, overcome insecurities, and build self-confidence. This Getting Started flyer provides directory information and assistance for finding a Cigna Behavioral Health provider. Call 800.274.7603 or visit www.Cignabehavioral.com
- Behavioral Health Programs Guide
- Virtual Behavioral Care
HEALTHCARE PROVIDER DIRECTORY (Physical, mental, emotional healthcare providers): For employees enrolled in our healthcare plan, administered by Cigna Healthcare, the following link is provided to offer thousands of healthcare providers whereby appointments can be secured.
iPrevail: iPrevail is a digital therapeutics platform, designed by experienced clinicians to help you take control of the stresses of everyday life and challenges associated with life’s difficult transitions.
Ginger: Ginger is an on-demand 24/7 virtual behavioral health coaching provider, to further extend behavioral health access for our customers. Ginger’s mental health system provides access to care within two minutes of making the decision to reach out for help. Customers use these services through their standard behavioral health benefits.
Talkspace: Talkspace is an online therapy that connects users to a dedicated, licensed therapist via private messaging (text, voice, video) or live video session, made available through Cigna's behavioral provider network.
Happify: Happify is a free app with science-based games and activities that are designed to help you:
- Defeat negative thoughts
- Gain confidence
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase mindfulness and emotional well-being
- Boost health and performance
Mindfulness: The Changing Lives by Integrating Mind and Body® (CLIMB) program: At cigna.com/CLIMB, you can find FREE podcasts that help incorporate mindfulness into your daily life.
Live guided sessions taught by Cigna experts are available telephonically at the following times:
Thursdays: 7:30 – 8 PM | ADD TO CALENDAR
- Call-in number: 866.205.5379.
- An automated voice will ask you for a passcode.
- Enter 11301992 and then press the # key. This will take you to the live session.
Tuesdays: 4 PM | ADD TO CALENDAR
- Call-in number:866.205.5379.
- An automated voice will ask you for a passcode.
- Enter 1132 178 and then press the # key. This will take you to the live session.
Assess your stress
Use these interactive tools, available through Healthwise®, to measure your stress level and find out how well you cope:
Read these Healthwise articles and build your stress management skills:
Listen to on-demand seminars:
Cigna Life Connected Podcast: Emotional Well-being: Learn To See Stress Differently Emotional Health is being aware and in control of your thoughts and feelings. In addition, it’s creating and maintaining positive relationships, feeling connected, and having a sense of belonging. Emotional health is what helps you manage things like happiness or even stress. It also helps you be productive and make meaningful contributions to your community. In today’s podcast, we’ll focus on a topic that everyone deals with – stress.
Additional Behavioral & Mental Health Inpatient & Outpatient Services
Methodist Behavioral Health Center - https://www.methodisthealth.org/locations/methodist-behavioral-health-center
Lakeside Behavioral Health Systems - https://lakesidebhs.com/
Crestwyn Behavioral Health - https://www.crestwynbehavioral.com/
Parkwood Behavioral Health System - https://parkwoodbhs.com/
Educator Emotional Support Video Series for All Tennessee Teachers
Free, Optional Resources Support Educator Mental Health in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The video series from the TDOE and statewide partners provides guidance, resources and interactive activities focusing on the mental health of educators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It builds off the state's Emotional Support Line for Pandemic Stress.
The following videos are available on Best for All Central and the TDOE’s YouTube channel, including:
- Introduction to Stress Response: This video session introduces the series, recognizing educators experience significant pressure from many directions during a normal school year and this year has only added pressure.
- Benefits of Meditation and Mindfulness: This video session focuses on mindfulness, state of awareness, and how to shift attention to focus support.
- Grief and Loss: This video session begins with practicing a mindfulness skill from the previous video. Additionally, this video session shares the states of grief and associated feelings.
- Maintaining and Managing Healthy Connections: This video session focuses on the importance of connection and relationships, including a grounding and connectedness exercise.
- Self-Care: This videos session highlights self-care as a lifestyle and how to create and implement a self-care plan.
For more information on the Emotional Support Line for Pandemic Stress:
Call or text (888) 642-7886, or click here.
Kemmons Wilson Family Center for Good Grief - Milla's House
Located at Baptist Hospital in Collierville; for children, ages 6-17
Samartan Counseling Centers of the MidSouth
- How to Help Someone in Emotional Distress (see flyer)
- When it’s more than just feeling blue (see flyer)
- Is your Anger Hurting Others? (see flyer)
- Types of Anxiety (see flyer
- The Importance of Social Connections (see flyer)