EMPLOYEE BASIC / AD&D LIFE INSURANCE / ADDITIONAL LIFE INSURANCE
Basic/AD&D Life Insurance
MSCS offers you basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance through Securian (formally Minnesota Life) so that you can protect those you love from the unexpected. The majority of the cost for this coverage is paid by MSCS. Your benefit amount will be 2 times your base annual salary (up to $300,000).
Eligibility and Enrollment Information:
- Full-time permanent employees (working 30 hours or more per week) may enroll in coverage within 30 days of their hire date (30 days for a re-hire).
- Enrollment must be completed online at https://www.mybentek.com/mscs
- Coverage is effective the first day of the month after the completion of 30 days of employment.
- If you don’t elect Basic/AD&D life insurance during your initial eligibility period, you will have to complete a medical questionnaire and prove evidence of good health.
- Update beneficiary information at any time by logging into https://www.mybentek.com/mscs
Additional Life Insurance:
Memphis-Shelby County Schools gives employees the option to purchase additional life insurance above the Basic/AD&D amounts. These policies are also offered through Securian. Employees have the option to purchase additional life insurance for themselves, life insurance for their spouse, and/or life insurance for their eligible dependents.
- Additional Life insurance for yourself (the employee) can be purchased in $10,000 increments up to a Guarantee Issue of 3 times your annual salary up to a maximum of $500,000. You must purchase basic life insurance for yourself to be eligible to purchase additional life insurance.
- Voluntary Spouse Life Insurance may be purchased in $10,000 increments up to a Guarantee Issue of $20,000, up to a maximum of $250,000.
- Voluntary Child(ren) Life insurance may be purchased at a flat $10,000 or $20,000 benefit.
- You (the employee) will automatically be the beneficiary of a voluntary child(ren) life insurance policy.
For questions, please feel free to call (901) 416-5304 or email us at [email protected].
How are we doing? Take the MSCS HR Survey by clicking HERE!