The purpose of the Teacher Referral Bonus Program is to incentivize current full-time employees to bring in new talent to the district by referring applicants who are subsequently selected and successfully employed in an identified instructional position.
Who better to recommend strong teaching candidates to our District than our current employees? You know what it takes to develop relationships with students, develop engaging strategies, and implement rigor and differentiation as you plan for ways to ensure students’ success. If you know someone who would be an excellent classroom teacher in MSCS, please let us know by completing the Teacher Referral Form.
The Teacher Referral Program allows full-time District staff to refer high quality candidates for teaching vacancies and other critical, hard-to-fill instructional positions. In return, the referring employee will receive a cash bonus in the amount of $500.
- C-level positions, Hiring Managers and any other members of Human Resources are not eligible for the referral bonus.
- Interns, temporary, substitute and part-time employees are not eligible for the referral bonus
- The referring employee must fill out MSCS’s electronic candidate referral form prior to the candidate having an application on file with Memphis-Shelby County Schools in order to be eligible for the referral bonus.
- An employee’s referral does not constitute an application. The candidate must still complete an application via ICIMS to be considered for a position.
- After MSCS employees refer a teaching candidate through MSCS’s electronic referral form, candidates will receive an email outlining next steps to submit an MSCS teaching application. Candidates must use the link in the email to submit their MSCS teaching application in order for employees to be eligible for referral bonuses.
- If more than one employee refers the same candidate, only the first employee to submit the referral form will be eligible to receive the bonus.
- Internal candidates are not eligible for submission to the teacher referral program.
- Hiring managers may not receive referral credit for employees they hire into their department(s) or for hires made within the organization where they may have indirect influence on the selection process.
- Full-time benefit eligible, current employees of Memphis-Shelby County Schools will receive a $500.00 referral bonus for referring candidates that are hired into regular full-time teaching/instructional positions.
- Referred hires must remain continuously employed for a minimum of six months before the referral bonus is paid.
- If the referral is terminated or voluntarily resigns during the 6-month period, the bonus will become void and non-payable.
- Referrals expire after six months if the candidate has not secured a position, at which point, another employee may refer the candidate and receive the referral bonus if all criteria are met.
Click here for additional information
Forms link to apply for bonus
Click here to apply for Teacher Referral Bonus
For questions, please feel free to call 901-416-5300 or email us at [email protected].