We are grateful to all of our employees for their years of hard work and dedication in educating and taking care of our students. MSCS retirees enjoy several choices for life and health benefits if you meet specified requirements.
- Review the qualifications for retirement and MSCS insurance eligibility.
- Review the MSCS Retiree Health Insurance information.
- Access your Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) account by logging into https://mytcrs.tn.gov or by calling 1 800 922-7772. You will also be allowed to:
- view your TCRS account details
- update your contact information with TCRS
- change or update your beneficiary information
- Request an estimate of your TCRS benefits by contacting TCRS at 1-800-922-7772 or email TCRS at [email protected].
- Obtain an estimate from social security benefits, if applicable, by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- Obtain Medicare A&B card if over 65 or Medicare-eligible.
- Review additional instructions to assist with completing the retirement process.
Ready to start the retirement process? Memphis-Shelby County Schools Benefits recommend that employees submit their retirement information at least 90 days in advance of their retirement date. Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) will take at least 60-90 days to process retirement applications after they are submitted and certified by the employer (MSCS). TCRS will accept retirement applications no more than 150 days in advance of the retirement date. **
- Log into MSCS Employee Portal to submit the electronic intent to retire.
- Log into Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System to submit the electronic Retirement Application (within 5-7 business days from submitting your intent to retire).
- Complete the required MSCS documents, and attach to your retirement intent in the Employee Portal:
Retirement Quick Links:
- Retirement OE Guide
- Cigna Medicare Advantage PPO- Summary of Benefits
- Cigna Medicare Advantage PPO- Drug Formulary
- 2023 Retirement Meeting Announcement
- 2024 Retiree Legal Notice
- MSCS Post-65 Presentation 2023 Medicare Advantage PPO
- MSCS Post-65 Presentation - Medicare Advantage HMO
- MSCS Post-65 Presentation - Medicare Surround/PDP
For questions, please feel free to call (901) 416-5304 or email us at [email protected].
How are we doing? Take the MSCS HR Survey by clicking HERE!