View 2017 Benefits Choices - Retirees (Effective 1/1/17)
SCS employees are members of the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS).
Retirement benefits are determined by a formula using the member's high five-year average salary and years of service. To be eligible for retirement through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS), you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Retirement: 30 years of service or 60 years-old with 5 years of service (vested)
- Early Retirement: 55 years-old with 5 years of service (vested) or 25 – 29 years of service
- To check your eligibility, please call 1-800-922-7772.
- Teachers hired after 7.1.2014 (see Hybrid Plan Retirement Qualifications)
- Certified employees hired on or after July 1, 2014 are eligible for this plan which combines defined benefits through TCRS and self-managed contributions through a 401(k) plan with a 5% District Match.
Have a retirement question?
A-K: Angela Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
L-Z: Monica Mays, email@example.com