We are grateful to all of our employees for their years of hard work and dedication in educating and taking care of our students. SCS retirees enjoy several choices for life and health benefits if you meet specified requirements.
- Review the qualifications for retirement and SCS insurance eligibility.
- Review the SCS Retiree Health Insurance information.
- Access your Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) account by logging into https://mytcrs.tn.gov.
- Request an estimate of your TCRS benefits by contacting TCRS at 1-800-922-7772 or email TCRS at [email protected]
- Obtain an estimate from social security benefits, if applicable, by calling 1-800-772-1213.
- Obtain Medicare A&B card if over 65 or Medicare-eligible.
Ready to start the retirement process? Shelby County Schools Benefits recommend that employees submit their retirement information at least 90 days in advance of their retirement date. Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) will take at least 60-90 days to process retirement applications after they are submitted and certified by the employer (SCS). TCRS will accept retirement applications no more than 150 days in advance of the retirement date. **
- Log into SCS Employee Portal to submit the electronic intent to retire.
- Log into Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System to submit the electronic Retirement Application (within 5-7 business days from submitting your intent to retire).
- Complete the required SCS documents, and email to your assigned Benefits Specialist:
Finalizing your retirement checklist:
- Online submission of your intent to retire in the Employee Portal
- Online submission of your retirement application through TCRS
- Complete and return required documents to Benefits
Submit required retirement documents to:
- Yolanda Jones (Last Names A-K)- [email protected]
- Michael Walker Boone (Last Names L-Z) – [email protected]
Retirement Quick Links:
- Virtual Retirement Presentation
- Retirement Packet
- 2021 Retiree Legal Notices
- 2021 SCS Annual Notices
- 2021 Post-65 Medical Plan Comparison Presentation (password: Post65)
- 2021 Retiree Benefits Guide
For questions, please feel free to call (901) 416-5304 or email us at [email protected].
How are we doing? Take the SCS HR Survey by clicking HERE!