All K-8 students will participate in the second computer-based i-Ready Diagnostic January 11 -29, 2021. Students participated in the first i-Ready Diagnostic in September 2020.
What is the i-Ready Diagnostic?
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that shows which skills students have mastered and which skills need to be mastered. This assessment is NOT counted as a grade for the student's report card. It helps teachers provide the necessary classroom tools and supports for each student. The questions get more difficult or less difficult based on how each student answers until it finds the "just right" level; therefore, the goal is not to get every question correct. Once the "just right" learning level is determined, the student will be assigned a series of lessons that are just right for reading and math!
Watch this video about preparing students for remote testing.
How will my child participate in the i-Ready Diagnostic?
All K-8 students will take the diagnostic on their assigned SCS device. Each school will communicate the schedule for taking the diagnostic so that the assigned teacher can monitor completion of the assessment.
Check out these "Family Fridge Tips" for Assessment Day.
How does my child access the i-Ready Diagnostic?
Students login through Clever. Once logged into Clever, students select the i-Ready icon. The icon is typically found under "Curriculum" or "Favorite Resources."
- Username: 6-digit PowerSchool ID
- Password: DOB written as MMDDYYYY
- Student Login Instructions
For additional help retrieving the student#: Login credentials and the student# can be accessed by logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal. After logging in, select the "Online Education" link from the left-side menu. Get help with PowerSchool here.
What other tools are available for parents?
- Connect with the student's homeroom teacher or administrator with any questions regarding the specific day and time of the diagnostic.
- Connect with the student’s school for device assistance. Each school has an assigned IT Coordinator and/or Microsoft Ambassador available to provide troubleshooting support.
- Resources for Assessing at Home (Multiple Languages)
- Families Assess-at-Home Guidance